In a world where women are being paid significantly lower than men, women are starting to push back and get the pay they deserve. But how do you do it? Great question. Mika Brzezinski discusses this in great detail in her book Knowing Your Value. She discusses her own personal story on how she struggled to get paid what she was worth at MSNBC and she interview other prominent women throughout the book on the subject as well. This was a great read and an easy one too. So if you are woman who is looking to increase your pay and don’t know how, do yourself a favor and read this book. Below are some takeaways I got from the book. Enjoy!
- At some point in your life, you’ve got to know your value and it’s your job to feel it and communicate it effectively
- A strong sense of self-worth will serve you well
- Your desire to be liked must not outweigh your wish to be valued
- Compliments don’t pay the bills
- Fear of failure comes when you haven’t properly prepared